Post by Mary on January 10, 2017
Dream bike rides 2017 – where will your bike take you this year?
- Northern lights hunting on the fat bikes in Iceland (just outside of Reykjavik)
- North to South point-to-point through Sardinia
- Chamonix to Zermatt – it’s 10 years I last rode the route and it is one of the best in the world 🙂
- Exploring Goms in the Swiss Valais on the fat bikes
- The Sandstone Way in Northumberland (my homeland)
- The Atlas mountains in Morocco
- Venture inside the Arctic circle on the fat bikes in Swedish Lapland (or in the summer on the Oranges)
- Fat biking the beautiful Northumbrian coast from Berwick to Tynemouth along all the beaches I played on as a child
- Le Tour du Mole, Haute Savoie – a proper tough xc day out and it’s only a day ride just down the valley (this one I should definitely be able to do…..)
- Fat biking in the trails of husky dogs in Ostersund, Central Sweden
- Enduro riding in Davos, Switzerland – the Swiss have put so much work into creating an incredible network of trails here
- The Upper Mustang Valley in Nepal (last ridden on a fully rigid, would be great to ride on my Alpine 160)
- The wild trails of Wanaka and Nelson in New Zealand – last time I was there I didn’t have a bike but how I wished that I did 🙂
- Enduro riding in Reideralp and Bettmeralp in the Swiss Valais (from our Alpine Enduro trip)
- Shulaps, Tyax, Whistler all in British Colombia, Canada – it’s 10 years since I rode these amazing trails, which is way too long….
- Le Beaufortain, France
- Italy – it’s a country I’ve not explored by bike and it’s about time I did!
Wherever you ride this year, have an awesome time!